For recent c-section mums in Bahrain

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by anonymummy, Apr 12, 2015.

1. anonymummy

anonymummy New Member

Hi mums I am 36 weeks pregnant and have been told by BSH that I need a c-section but that my husband will not be allowed in the room with me when I deliver even though I will not be having general anaesthesia - they will not budge on this. In the past I know that friends have had their husbands in the room with them in Bahraini hospitals and even at BSH when they have had scheduled c-sections but apparently this is new policy. Has anyone else encountered this recently. I want to change hospital but when I contacted Awali they said they will not accept me at 36 weeks :( . I dont want my husband to miss out on the birth of our child but it seems there is no way around it.

Where did you have your c-section and was your husband in the room?
    Did any of you change hospital this late in pregnancy?

TIA very worried mummy :(
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  2. Maya

Maya Moderator

Will share this for you on the main page mums in bahrain .. keep an eye for it tomorrow morning as members will respond to it and help you out :)
  3. Maya

Maya Moderator

Mums in Bahrain

Try Dr Siti at Royal Bahrain - i do know that at least 1 father was in the room during a C section there.

Commented on by Lucy Palmer

Like · Reply · More · 2 hours ago

Shazia Alwani

They will not budge. My doctor allowed my husband in the theatre... But told him to leave when they were about to give me spinal.

Like · Reply · More · 3 hours ago

Melissa Fernandes

I had a c section in RBH and my husband was not allowed in.

Like · Reply · More · 2 hours ago

Manchusa Hill

Come to international hospital Bahrain Budaiyah my husband in room with me i also move from AMH to International hospital i just give birth last year :)come to Dr Shajawanee she was really good

Edited · Like · Reply · More · 2 hours ago

Natalie Greer

I had my first c section in 2012 at AMH I was told in the beginning if I had to have a c section my husband would not be allowed in. For natural delivery your husband obviously is allowed in. I will be having my second c section next week, my husband is allowed to wait outside the operating room and then come in to the recovery room once I have finished the operation.
    My understanding is that only Awali let your husband be present during a c section, and no hospital will accept you at 36 weeks unless it is a emergency, whuch is obviously a situation you do not want to get into.
    Will your husband not be handed the baby once he/she is out. For AMH once.they take your baby out and have let you hold your baby and done the initial checks, they took my baby to my husband who was given the choice of bathing and dressing her while I stayed in theatre being stitched up. Then he came back for me in the recovery room and we went back to the room where the baby was brought from the nursery.
    Anyway good luck with your delivery and I hooe yiu can come to some sort of happy medium with your hospital.

Like · · Reply · More · 3 hours ago

Meriem Lgrm

I had my c section 8 months ago in BDF. It was scheduled. My husband was not allowed to be with me inside. However he was in the recovery room waiting for the babies as they transferred them straight to nursery.

Like · Reply · More · 48 minutes ago

Abeer Alkutani

International hospital Bahrain