Movie reviews! Please post them here :-)

Discussion in 'Bahrain Cinema Timings' started by MIB ADMIN, Jan 17, 2015.

1. MIB ADMIN

MIB ADMIN Moderator Staff Member

What films have you seen recently that you'd recommend to others? Please let us know........
  2. MIB ADMIN

We took the children to see 'Paddington' a couple of weeks ago, and they (and we!) loved it. One warning - early on in the film there is an earthquake, and my 5 year old was concerned about this (a bear dies) and is still talking about it - so be prepared with answers to questions on what earthquakes are, do they happen in Bahrain etc...... BUT overall, a wonderful film, a great mix of live action and animation (or is it animatronics? I'm not sure how they made Paddington 'alive'), and a lovely story :)
    Maya likes this.
  3. MIB ADMIN

Anyone else seen a film recently that they would recommend??
  4. MIB ADMIN

We are VERY excited in this house, waiting for the arrival of the new Disney 'Cinderella' movie - especially as in the States it is a 'double bill' with a new short 'Frozen' movie!! I really hope that the Frozen movie is shown here in Bahrain along with the Cinderella one - that would be one VERY happy little girl!!
    Maya likes this.
  5. Maya

Maya Moderator

[QUOTplanning to take the kids to see it..loves the movie previewMIB ADMIN, post: 145, member: 15"]We took the children to see 'Paddington' a couple of weeks ago, and they (and we!) loved it. One warning - early on in the film there is an earthquake, and my 5 year old was concerned about this (a bear dies) and is still talking about it - so be prepared with answers to questions on what earthquakes are, do they happen in Bahrain etc...... BUT overall, a wonderful film, a great mix of live action and animation (or is it animatronics? I'm not sure how they made Paddington 'alive'), and a lovely story :)[/QUOTE]
    I am pla
  6. Maya

Maya Moderator

We went to see "the book of life" myself and the kids were fascinated with the Mexican tradition behind celebrating the day of the dead. They made it in a very kids friendly way. And it was very touching at the same time too.
    MIB ADMIN likes this.
  7. Fancy-Sara

Fancy-Sara New Member

Haven't seen anything recently since my daughter was the only girl in the world who hated frozen, but this will help mums : www.commonsensemedia.org
    It's a website that reviews films from a parents point of view, so it gives you a breakdown of all the scenes in the film that may be unsuitable/upsetting. Great place to look things up!
    MIB ADMIN likes this.
  8. MIB ADMIN

Thanks for sharing, Maya and Fancy-Sara!
  9. moviefanuae

moviefanuae New Member

I just saw Inside Out with my youngest daughter, who is 11. She loved it! Her favorite part was the focus on understanding mixed emotions: that much of life involves happiness and sadness, anxiety and excitement, etc. For me this is the best animated film with innovative visuals, a story that takes complex ideas and creates something everyone can relate to and brilliant characters.

Pixar are back at the very peak of their cinematic powers.

Have you guys seen this movie? If not check the trailer now :)