Moving to Bahrain - Security? Any Spaniards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by susana, Oct 8, 2015.

1. susana

susana New Member

Hi!!

My husband is in the last round of interviews for a good banking position in Bahrain. We are from Spain and I think that there are not a lot of Spaniards in the country... nevertheless, we have studied in the States, so we are really welcoming being in an international enviroment.

I have a lot of questions but mainly I am afraid of security. I have read reports about conflits between different groups and terrorism threats. I don't know how much of it is real.

We are a family of 5, we have 3 little girls (8, 8 and 3).

I have been reading about different areas to live and I have liked a lot Riffa Views and the Riffa Views school for the girls. How about the area and the school? As we are not from an English speaken country, I am afraid that the girls could have problems joining the school. They speak very little English, they understand mostly everything but they speak basically "spanglish" (a mixture between Spanish & English).

Above all, I am delighted if it means a great experience for the family, but I feel a bit unconfortable when I read about confrontation and the complicated political situation in other countries of the MENA.

Any comment or advice is welcome!!