Where to find Ric Rac or Piping for sewing?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by MomofOne, Jan 12, 2015.

1. MomofOne

MomofOne New Member

I'm looking for red or white ric rac or piping. Anyone know which store might carry either one? I tried the Manama souq this week and did not see it there. But maybe I wasn't looking hard enough!
  2. MIB ADMIN

MIB ADMIN Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried Daiso in Gudabaiya? They have a range of that kind of thing. There is also a chain or sewing shops - one is close to Daiso - they're called Tarada or similar, I think??
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    MomofOne likes this.
  3. Kylie

Kylie New Member

Tarradah in Manama Suq & Gudaibiya has white ric-rac. For red piping I bought the cord in the haberdashery in Al Aali mall (1st floor) and covered it myself.
    MIB ADMIN likes this.
  4. Mommyforevs

Mommyforevs New Member

Where is Tarada? I'ved walked through the streets from Daiso to the mosque, but have no luck finding it. Can someone give me a detailed direction?
  5. MIB ADMIN

MIB ADMIN Moderator Staff Member

If you are at the traffic lights with Daiso in front of you on the right, then Tarada is down the road EITHER immediately on your right, OR down the road after Daiso. It is opposite a hotel, I think, sort of. Not been for so long, can't quite remember exactly........
    Mommyforevs likes this.
  6. Kylie

Kylie New Member

When you go down the road after turning at Daiso (so then Daiso is behind you on the left) Tarradah is on the opposite side and has a pink sign. Might be worth parking behind Daiso as the parking further along was a nightmare.
    Mommyforevs and MIB ADMIN like this.