Template Errors: thread_view

1. The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php, line 1488:
    1487: 
    1488: 		<input type="button" class="button ClickNext" value="&darr;" title="' . 'Move down' . '" />
    1489: 		<input type="button" class="button ClickPrev" value="&uarr;" title="' . 'Move up' . '" />

British Schools Review

Discussion in 'Education' started by manal, Jan 23, 2015.

1. manal

manal New Member

Dear MIB
    Please I need your help, I am planning to move to Bahrain next September where my husband got a job opportunity and i am looking for a good school that offers the british curriculum or the IB, I have 2 kids one 2.5 and the other 5 years, I heard abour Nadeen international school, any information would be helpful regarding the school itself and the admission procedures and deadline as I will not be before the school entrance or suggest any other similar schools with comparable fees
    TIA
  2. MIB ADMIN

MIB ADMIN Moderator Staff Member

Hi there - my two children go to Nadeen International school :) It is a small, friendly school, that goes up to Year 6. It is based in Umm al Hassam. Both of my children love it there and are doing well. It follows the British curriculum, with a touch of Australian/NZ in the early years. The children have to move to another school for the high school years, though. There are waiting lists for entrance, but contact them and find out how long they are (most schools in Bahrain do have waiting lists). Here is their website and contact details - make contact and get on the list...... http://www.nadeenschool.info
  3. MIB ADMIN

Other schools to consider if you can't get into Nadeen are Multi National School and Capital School - both new but come with good reputations from their 'parent' schools elsewhere in the region. Not all years are open though, as they are so new. The
    British School and St Christopher's are both very well established and offer British curriculum, both are very popular.
    yasmin likes this.
  4. manal

manal New Member

Thank you all for your response, I already contacted Nadeen and Capital schools via email explaining the situation and waiting for their reply, regarding Nadeen School is it easy to find spot in schools after year 6 or it will be a problem then when it comes to transfers
  5. MIB ADMIN

I think that it can be quite stressful (so I've heard) for the parents with children who have to find a high school place right now. However, with both the MNS and Capital school opening up, there will be many more spaces available by the time your children reach that age, so may not be too much of a problem? I have not actually heard of any ex-Nadeen pupils not getting a place anywhere either, but I don't have children at that age so not entirely sure.
  6. manal elchaer

manal elchaer New Member

What about the bahrain bayan school
  7. MIB ADMIN

Manal - are you suggesting Bayan school, or are you asking for reviews of it?
  8. manal elchaer

manal elchaer New Member

No i just heard about it and i need reviews of it. TIA
  9. manal elchaer

manal elchaer New Member

I already contacted both Nadeen and Capital and I got reply from both but I am afraid to get there and find no place so I am trying to find others
  10. yasmin

yasmin New Member

I like multinational and capital also
  11. Capital School

Capital School New Member

Just to let you know we are currently open for registration from Foundation Stage 1 (Nursery) to Year 6. Please feel free to call us with your questions on 17008880 or visit our website www.capitalschoolbahrain.com. We are a British National Curriculum School. Our location is opposite the Al Jazira supermarket in Zinj, close to the American Embassy.