Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 201

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 202

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 205

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 206

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 209

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 212

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 213

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 214

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 215

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 218

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 219

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 222

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 223

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 226

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 227

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 228

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 229

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 232

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 235

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 238

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home1/forumsmu/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 246

How can I get my whites back to being white?!

Discussion in 'FAQ' started by MIB ADMIN, Mar 10, 2015.

1. MIB ADMIN

MIB ADMIN Moderator Staff Member

A common question that is asked is for tips on how to get white clothes/fabrics back to white (they can often go grey/yellow, maybe something to do with the water?). Some suggestions from mums are:

• Use Persil Power Gel - it really does work!! Expensive but worth it.......
    • 2 table spoons of baking powder will do the job. I personally would never use clorox cause it turned my whites yellowish
    • I put a bit of bleach in the washer while it is filling up and then soap and swish it around.
    • White vinegar also helps
    • Never used clorox after while the white changes to yellow use backing whote hard soap u can find it on supermarket
    • Clorox or vanish
    • Pop a capful of neat bleach in your water.
    • Vanish spray. I put my whites in the sink and spray the whole thing and keep doing it to all whites then put in washong machine or alternatively put in a bucket with bleach and water and soak for a few minutes and that shud work too.
    • Vanish really helped.
    • Reduce the temperature of the water used for a longer term solution.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Reduce the temperature of your hot water heater for a more permanent solution.
    MIB ADMIN likes this.
  3. MIB ADMIN

MIB ADMIN Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the information Kristina - I'll add it to the original post :)