Review of 'Cinderella'

Discussion in 'Bahrain Cinema Timings' started by MIB ADMIN, Mar 30, 2015.

1. MIB ADMIN

MIB ADMIN Moderator Staff Member

Today was the day that I took my children plus friends to see the latest version of the fairy tale classic 'Cinderella'.

First off, there is a short film 'Frozen Fever' which has a reappearance of Elsa and Anna - a lovely short story and song, featuring the main characters from the original Frozen, and the children loved it :)

Then the main film came on. This is a 'live action' version of Cinderella, based upon the classic Disney animation, but also deviating slightly from that story to incorporate details from other versions of the tale. I loved it - all beautiful dresses and very romantic. The children with me ranged from 2 years to 5 years, and I have to say that whilst they enjoyed it, they probably didn't appreciate some of the story details. Afterwards, there were a few questions about why things had been slightly different to the original animated version, which was tricky to explain. Also, there were three deaths in the film - Cinderella's mother, father and the King - and these played on my daughter's mind somewhat.

Overall, a lovely family film, and worth taking the children to see.